Harden Icing?

Decorating By elsbells Updated 18 Aug 2015 , 11:27am by Shockolata

elsbells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elsbells Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 4

Evening guys,

From receiving a cake decorating magazine a couple of years ago as a gift and getting the bug baking/decorating cakes for family and friends, I have managed to turn my hobby into a viable cottage business that I absolutley adore.

https://www.facebook.com/SimplyElliegance )

I've quoted an order for a country/western designed cake for next month and they'd like the club logo incorporated on it.   

I'm just thinking designs in my head and thinking of hand painting the logo as a neon type sign and propping it up on the cake.

My question is.......  would flower paste cut, painted and left to dry be ok or is there a product that dries even harder and not risk bending/breaking? (I'm UK based)

Thank you

Els xxx

3 replies
Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 4

Flower paste is good. If you want to go even harder, look out for Mexican paste. But it will be hard to eat. You do know you can get a printout on fondant of the club logo, don't you? Then you could attach it to a sign made out of Mexican paste. Enquire at your local cake supply shop if they will print out the logo for you (all you need is to be able to access the photo online!) and to be on the safe side, ask them to print a whole page of the smaller sized logos so if one goes wrong, you'll have plenty more as back up. It costs the same whether they print you one whole page or just one little thing because they cannot reuse the sheet of fondant. 

elsbells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elsbells Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 4

That's fab thank you so much for your reply

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 11:27am
post #4 of 4

@elsbells  You are most welcome! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%