Edible Inks And Printing Photos

Decorating By tastytoppers Updated 15 Aug 2015 , 10:25pm by tastytoppers

tastytoppers Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 4

I have tried to search for this topic but could not locate exactly what I am asking.

On certain photos, when I print on the frosting sheet using edible inks, some of the coloring is wrong.  Is there something I can do to fix this?  I know edible inks will vary but this is drastic and starting to affect the quality for my customers.  For example, I had a baby photo with pinks but when I printed, it turned out a bluish tint. This has also happened to certain grays and browns. 

Help?  What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 replies
costumeczar Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 4

Some of it could be the icing sheet itself. I've heard from people that different brands make the colors look different, but I don't know which ones do what. 

You could also try to clean the print head on your printer. I was having trouble yesterday with some of the inks not printing and that's what fixed it. But if all of your colors are printing I'd be willing to bet that it's the icing sheet, not your inks.

costumeczar Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 4

You might want to try printing one on regular printer paper to see what the colors look like on that.

tastytoppers Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will try on the plain paper.  I didn't think of that! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%