Help With Geometric/aztec Pattern

Decorating By Cakecreations15 Updated 18 Aug 2015 , 12:24pm by Cakecreations15

Cakecreations15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakecreations15 Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 5:27am
post #1 of 8

Hi all! I've been asked to do a cake like this, and was wondering how I'd do the little triangles. Like how would I stick them on to the cake to make sure the pattern looks even, I don't know where to start!! Any tips would be great. Thanks! 55cecda977209.png

7 replies
NZcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NZcakegirl Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 8:17am
post #2 of 8

Jessica Harris in her craftsy class clean and simple cake design uses a wax transfer method which would work well for that design.  I personally haven't tried it (yet-I am dying too) but it looks simple enough

Cakecreations15 Posted 15 Aug 2015 , 11:09am
post #3 of 8

Thanks! Will have to have a look

Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 3:26am
post #4 of 8

Yes NZCAKEGIRL is correct, the best way to applied a complex pattern on a cake is wax paper transfer  

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 16 Aug 2015 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 8

Triangles are squares cut twice diagonally. Use a square cutter and then a sharp knife. Place each piece on wax paper on a tray and cut more than you think you will need. To apply, make a mockup of the diagonal band in acetate and place it against your cake. Press lightly to mark the surface which will become your guide for lining them up. To ensure you are not wasting time, best get a large piece of paper that when folded into a cylinder has the same diameter as your fondant covered cake. Lay it flat on your desk and mark the centre and work from there to see what size is best and how many repetitions you must make. That will inform you on what size cutter to use if you have the luxury of having an assortment. Sketching it on paper with the use of a ruler and pencil will help you complete the job with less hassle. Good luck!

Cakecreations15 Posted 17 Aug 2015 , 12:50am
post #6 of 8

Thanks heaps! Great explanation

Shockolata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shockolata Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 11:24am
post #7 of 8

@Cakecreations15  You just made my day. I love being helpful :)

Cakecreations15 Posted 18 Aug 2015 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 8

I just love it when people take the time to explain something, some people aren't so kind and will just not bother!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%