Timing Advice Needed; Refrigerated Buttercream; Need To Attach Fondant Bow

Decorating By Elaine2581 Updated 14 Aug 2015 , 6:50pm by Elaine2581

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 11:52am
post #1 of 3

Making 4 tier wedding cake with buttercream frosting and fillings that need to stay in refrigerator.  Made bow using fondant with tylose added and plan to attach to side of third tier using melted chocolate.  Should I stack and attach bow today and keep in refrigerator until wedding tomorrow or should I not attach the bow until some time later, maybe even after I travel with it for about 30 minutes.  Any advice would be appreciated as I have never refrigerated a wedding cake before.  Also wondering if the Super Pearl Luster Dust will get dull in the fridge.  Thanks.

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 11:57am
post #2 of 3

The luster dust will be fine.

Are you attaching the bow to something other than buttercream? If you're putting it on a  fondant band, for example, it won't go anywhere after you attach it with the chocolate. If you're just sticking it onto the buttercream it will probably be fine but I'd use more buttercream, not melted chocolate.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 3

Yes, I will be attaching it to a fondant band but I still worry that it might collapse or droop (the bow).  Should I keep it "stuffed"?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%