Question About Set Up/delivery

Baking By rr2sweet Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 8:24pm by rr2sweet

rr2sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rr2sweet Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 6

55cb8c9a0cbbe.jpegI have to make the cake in the picture for this weekend. The parties not till Saturday but they want it delivered Friday morning. So my question is do I put the surfboard on top on Friday or do I just give it to them in a separate box and have them put it in on Saturday?

5 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 6

What is the reason you don't want to deliver the cake with toppers ready assembled? 

Unless there is a really good reason I would always assemble everything.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 6

When a costumer either picks up the day before or I deliver the day before, I always put the details in a box and place them on the cake when I arrive there. I don't want to risk it falling off the cake when driving or transporting it.

Sometime's I will even put it in the cake and then remove it so they have a reference on where to place it after.

*Last edited by SweetShop5 on 12 Aug 2015 , 6:18pm
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 6

If they're fragile I'd probably wait until I got there and tell them that I could either put them on, but if they get broken in the meantime I couldn't fix them. Or they could put them on right before the party, and I'd show them how to do that. Give an option and they can decide.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 6

you could attach them to popsicle sticks with white chocolate and insert the ps into the cake then there'd be no worries of them not holding up --

all edible is my first choice but popsicle sticks are not that bad -- 

rr2sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rr2sweet Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just put them in a box like you said and give them the option of either me putting them in or them :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%