Any Tutorials On How To Arrange Sugar Flower Cake Toppers?

Sugar Work By samkan Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 7:38pm by FlourPots

samkan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samkan Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all, 

I'm extremely new here, and I was hoping some of you wonderful people might be able to help with my querie...

I have created some large wired gum paste roses to sit on top of a wedding cake, and I was hoping to use styrofoam glued onto a cake board as a base/mound to stick the flowers into. I have had a little play about, but it doesn't look straightforward! Does anyone have a tutorial they would kindly share? It would be a great help. 

Thanks,

Newbie.x

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 6

I did a youtube video showing how to arrange a flower cascade, which isn't exactly the same but it has the same principles in it. Basically start with the largest flowers then add the smaller ones and filler around those. It's really just a personal choice as to where you put them, and part of ti will depend on whether you want them to be tall, flatter on the cake, etc. 

samkan Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you costumeczar, it's a great tutorial! I have seen this, and it has helped guide me a great deal in terms of how to arrange flowers on the side of a cake, which I'll also be doing with this wedding cake. But I'm struggling with a good technique to arrange them on top neatly too. There will be possibly 2-3 roses on top, maybe one more if there is a huge gap at the top + lots of filler flowers. Oh and the top tier is a 4 inch round.

I will be having another play around tonight, hopefully I can figure it out. 

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated x

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe something like this?

samkan Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 6

Ah yes! This is great, thanks flourpots! x

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 6