Where Can I Find Them? / What Are They Really Called?

Decorating By _Turtle_ Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 10:45pm by Brookebakescake

_Turtle_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Turtle_ Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 8

55ca627ff0731.jpeg

I call them baking/dipping/melting chips, usually I find them on my own in the cake store.  I melt them and they can either be drizzled on a cake/cupcakes or anything can be dipped in them and placed on top or separately from the cake/cupcakes.  The sea salt caramel chocolate ones have received the best reviews from my test subjects (friends and family).  Unfortunately, I'm on the other side of the country from where I normally purchase and they don't ship.  Can anyone help?

7 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 8

Those are candy melts, but I'm not sure about the flavored ones. Google "candy melts" and see what comes up.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 8

Or "candy coating"

GJsLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GJsLady Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 8

I've seen the Chocolate Caramel ones at Hobby Lobby if you have one close to you.

GJsLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GJsLady Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 8

**Sea Salt Chocolate Caramel, that is.

_Turtle_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Turtle_ Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

I've been off and googling since 33 seconds after the second post .... another direction.

Didn't realize Hobby Lobby carried them as well, probably going to have to drive to get them there.  I got them at a little cake shop and all my guinea pigs love the Sea Salt Chocolate Caramel.

This flavor is the new favorite.  Everyone likes it from those who "don't really like chocolate" to those who love chocolate.

RATE LIMIT EXCEEDED

Sorry you cannot perform this action again so soon.

Please come back and try again later.

If you feel you have received this message in error, please Contact Us.

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 8

Look online for Merckens coatings, Guittard A'Peels, and I think Callebaut makes them too - all far superior to Wilton.

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 8

Yeah I got some salted caramel ones at hobby lobby and they were a hit on cake pops!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%