Ordering Supplies From Banggood

Lounge By yellowdog Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 4:20am by oftheeicing

yellowdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellowdog Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone ever ordered decorating supplies from Banggood.com?  I have seen their ads on Cake Central and their prices are very reasonable.

8 replies
SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 9

Yes I have! Multiple times actually. The prices are great but the only downside is that since its coming from China it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get here.

They also constantly add new items, so thats great as well.

ropalma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ropalma Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 9

I have also.  It is addicting.  I just search on the word Fondant and they have like 14 pages of things.  Very reasonable prices.  Just make sure that you look at the measurements in the description.  Sometimes things are smaller than what they look like on the picture.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 9

Just an FYI...These companies that are based in china spend a lot of time copying and ripping off designs from other companies. I've had some take my photos from my online store and use them on their sites, along with the listing descriptions of the items. I don't know how they would be selling the same thing I am, though, because I own the original vintage brooch they said they would send you a mold for...

Anyway, a quick look at Banggood turned up a bunch of photos of cakes that were taken from other sites, and a number of products that are obviously stolen from other people, including @MarvelousMolds  , who's also an advertiser on here if I'm not mistaken. This is a huge problem for people who design original molds, veiners etc. We get ripped off all the time and there's not a lot that we can do because they're located in other countries.

The quality of the products that you're getting from them isn't the same, either. I saw a James Roselle ripoff veiner that someone got from one of these places, and the silicone was softer and didn't work as well as the one that I bought from the official source. And one of my friends bought a set of the gumpaste cutters with springs in them that basically fell apart after one use. So buyer beware.

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 9

Not to mention the fact that things from China are not necessarily safe. Remember the - what was it? - melamine in milk and eggs? If you Google "Chinese tainted products" you'll find a bunch of them. I wouldn't buy fondant from China - heaven knows what might be in it.

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 9

Of course their prices are reasonable - they sell illegal knock-offs.

PME, Culpitt, JEM, Wilton etc own the patents on their products, and all these companies (mostly from China) are illegally copying the products.

Please don't buy illegal knock-offs. 

CindiM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindiM Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 1:26am
post #7 of 9

These companies count on people not understanding what the ramifications are.  Not just the loss of sales and the impact to our economy  from people that steal our designs and products,  but the fact is, generations of people in our country  help them steal every day by supporting them.  

Wonder why they are so cheap?   Because you make it profitable.   Support the people that deserve your support.    Or not.   

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 3:18am
post #8 of 9

And in case anyone would like a visual...Here's a page on a Korean site that has taken a photo of mine WITH MY WATERMARK on it off of my Etsy shop and used the photos from the listing on Etsy as well. This mold was made with a vintage brooch that I own, so I don't know what you'd get if you ordered it because I have the original. I'm ALMOST curious enough to see what they'd send to order one myself, but I'm not going to do it because that would be giving them my money for something they stole from me. They also have an Etsy shop but have craftily NOT used my photos there, since I would be able to get the listing taken down if they did. So they know full well that they're not acting legally, it isn't an "I didn't know" situation.  http://www.paf.kr/front/php/product.php?product_no=1856&main_cate_no=24&display_group=1

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 4:20am
post #9 of 9

Our country's economy is shot . . . to try to help improve, I buy local first, and then USA all the way.  if you search well, you can find something in our territory for not much more.  I am tired of paying hard earned dollars to ship work overseas.  Heck  . . . I even try to stay away from Walmart because they have slave workers in other countries making not much more than a buck an hour. Cheap labor = cheap quality.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%