Shipping

Sugar Work By cakemamaknight Updated 14 Aug 2015 , 5:51pm by cakemamaknight

cakemamaknight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemamaknight Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 4

Hey there fellow artists! I've got a question for ya. Do any of you sell and ship your handmade fondant/gumpaste work? If so, what have you found to be the best way to ship? What kind of boxes and packaging have to found to be the most successful in keeping your pieces of art safe and in one piece? I've recently opened an etsy shop, and I've never shipped before. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!!

3 replies
Amps.prkns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amps.prkns Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 4

I use appropriate size boxes, I use cotton (like the snow sheet they sell for Xmas) to wrap up the figurine then glue that onto a board that fits in the box. 

SweetCIA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCIA Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 3:55am
post #3 of 4

Won a set of gumpaste flowers from a grand opening of a cake supply store.  They came in a small box with a window and were padded with a soft foam.  The foam was placed between the base of the flower as well as between some of the petals.  The wire is punched through the base foam and bent to fit at the bottom.  Haven't unpacked the flower yet so I'm not sure what's under the foam.  I can't figure out how to attach a picture to this message so I added it to my pinterest page: Gumpaste Flower Packaging

cakemamaknight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemamaknight Posted 14 Aug 2015 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you both! I'll look into the boxes and padding. And I'll go check out your pinterest page SweetCIA. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%