Tag Line Help, Please

Business By SimplyCakesNMore Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 4:12am by SimplyCakesNMore

SimplyCakesNMore  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyCakesNMore Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 12

Hi!  I'm rebooting my cake business and reviewing everything about it to try and give it a fresh start since I took a year long break while pregnant with baby #2.  My business name is Celebration Cake Creations and I've been using the tagline, "No matter the reason, a cake for every season," but I feel like it's too long.  I need something short and sweet that's easy to remember.  But my brain is failing me and I feel no creative juices flowing.  I was looking into different business names but all of the ones I came up with that I loved were taken so I decided to stick with the one I've got...  Anyway... Any advice or ideas on the tagline?

11 replies
 Jeff_Arnett  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 12

"Behind every good memory there's a cake!"

SimplyCakesNMore Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 12

That's cute!  I love the quote by Julia Childs, "A party without a cake is just a meeting."  But I'm not sure if I can use it as a tagline without some repercussions.  And I love this that I found on Pinterest, "Cake is for life, not just birthdays."

costumeczar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 12

That quotation by Julia Child never happened...Long story short, my friend was being interviewed for a food magazine by a snotty reporter and she threw that line out and told her that Julia Child had said it to see if the reporter would do any fact-checking. She didn't, and printed it, and it just caught on as something Julia Child said when she never did.

Regardless, I wouldn't use that because people are so convinced that Julia DID say it, they'd accuse you of stealing it. And tons of people already use it.

SimplyCakesNMore Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 12

Ahhhh... I didn't know that!  Thank you, @costumeczar  .  That's why I didn't think it'd be a good idea.  Still love the quote, though.  

What about, "Not JUST cake!" ?

costumeczar  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 12

Do you make things other than cakes? People will think that you do if you say "not JUST cake." I like @Jeff_Arnett's suggestion, but you could also just modify your tagline to say "Cakes For Every Reason" or "Cakes For Every Event" or something like that.

Also, here's a link to the guy who figured out the Julia Child thing, but nobody wants to believe it, based on the comments  ;)  http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/a_party_without_cake_is_just_a_meeting/

cupkakesp  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupkakesp Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 12

How about  "Live, laugh, eat cake!"

Pastrybaglady  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 12

Wow, awesome to have inside info about the Julia Child quote!

How about "Because cake makes everything better!" or "Cake makes every occasion a celebration."  My daughter's would just say, "Because cake!"

SimplyCakesNMore Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 11:52pm
post #9 of 12

@Pastrybaglady  "Because cake!" made me LOL.  It's something I would say myself!

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas!

plcharles  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plcharles Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 6:07pm
post #10 of 12

What about....Cake, no reason...all seasons!

imagenthatnj  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 6:13pm
post #11 of 12

I like costume czar's idea of making it shorter to "Cakes For Every Reason"

SimplyCakesNMore Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 4:12am
post #12 of 12

Thanks everyone!  I actually wound up coming up with a totally new business name and tagline.  "The Cake Faerie, Dreams do come true!"  I did this because Celebration Cake Creations just didn't define who I am and what I want to do.  It wasn't memorable and didn't make an impact on my clients--most of them didn't even know that I had a business name even though I put it on everything.  So after much brainstorming and many references to the Thesaurus I fell in love with The Cake Faerie.  It speaks to me!  And the tagline is because it's been my dream to run a business of my own for some time and now it's really happening!  My dream is coming true!  And it sends the message that I can provide that "dream cake" for brides.  :D  But thank you all soooooo much for your input!  So creative and valuable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%