Wasc Recipe

Baking By pattycakes1987 Updated 11 Aug 2015 , 9:30pm by pattycakes1987

pattycakes1987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes1987 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 7

I'm new to this site and am looking for the WASC recipe convo?

6 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 7

The *Original* WASC recipe as I posted it years ago :)

http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 7

@kakeladi  You're reply to this was very timely.  I use your WASC recipe for most of my cakes.  I have a request for a white chocolate cake and everything I find uses a packet of white chocolate pudding (I don't like using pudding, and its not available in Canada anyway) or a white chocolate flavoured Toriani syrup or coffee creamer, neither of which I want to use. 

I was hoping you could give me an idea of how much melted white chocolate I could add to the recipe (I was thinking 6-8oz) and if I needed to do anything else. 

Thanks,

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 7

Wellllllll........  I never tried one but I would think at least 8oz should do it.  My luck with using melted white choco wasn't very good.  Usually it would 'freeze' up/lump when added to something that wasn't hot already.   Not sure why you don't want to try the Toriani syrup as that probably would be my choice.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 7

I don't get this request very often.  Personally, I would have preferred a white cake, with a white chocolate buttercream.  But the customer wants everything white chocolate. LOL.

I would melt and cool and probably add a bit of the batter to the chocolate before adding it back to the rest of the batter.

Thanks for your help. :)

pattycakes1987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes1987 Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 7

I found it!! Turned out wonderful!! Thanks ladies!!55ca69567de9c.jpeg55ca695799bc2.jpeg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%