Wasc Recipe

Baking By pattycakes1987 Updated 11 Aug 2015 , 9:30pm by pattycakes1987

pattycakes1987 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 7

I'm new to this site and am looking for the WASC recipe convo?

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 7

The *Original* WASC recipe as I posted it years ago :)

http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe

pmarks0 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 7

@kakeladi  You're reply to this was very timely.  I use your WASC recipe for most of my cakes.  I have a request for a white chocolate cake and everything I find uses a packet of white chocolate pudding (I don't like using pudding, and its not available in Canada anyway) or a white chocolate flavoured Toriani syrup or coffee creamer, neither of which I want to use. 

I was hoping you could give me an idea of how much melted white chocolate I could add to the recipe (I was thinking 6-8oz) and if I needed to do anything else. 

Thanks,

kakeladi Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 7

Wellllllll........  I never tried one but I would think at least 8oz should do it.  My luck with using melted white choco wasn't very good.  Usually it would 'freeze' up/lump when added to something that wasn't hot already.   Not sure why you don't want to try the Toriani syrup as that probably would be my choice.

pmarks0 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 7

I don't get this request very often.  Personally, I would have preferred a white cake, with a white chocolate buttercream.  But the customer wants everything white chocolate. LOL.

I would melt and cool and probably add a bit of the batter to the chocolate before adding it back to the rest of the batter.

Thanks for your help. :)

pattycakes1987 Posted 11 Aug 2015 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 7

I found it!! Turned out wonderful!! Thanks ladies!!55ca69567de9c.jpeg55ca695799bc2.jpeg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%