Actually Bored On A Friday Night

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 10 Aug 2015 , 3:01am by winniemog

costumeczar Posted 8 Aug 2015 , 1:13am
post #1 of 12

I usually try to schedule myself really light in August because it's so ^**&% hot...This is the second weekend that I haven't had any cakes to deliver, and I have to say I LOVE IT! I'm bored and it's great!

11 replies
pastrypet Posted 8 Aug 2015 , 2:35am
post #2 of 12

There's a lot to be said for having nothing to do!

Apti Posted 8 Aug 2015 , 4:56am
post #3 of 12

High Five!

julia1812 Posted 8 Aug 2015 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 12

Welcome to the club, lol. Am on a 6 week Europe vaca and am sooo not missing decorating cakes :)

-K8memphis Posted 8 Aug 2015 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 12

you are describing retirement -- it's a wonderful thing once you get used to it -- but i'm glad you gave yourself a much deserved break

it's actually a lot more tolerable since my husband recently retired too

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 8 Aug 2015 , 6:42pm
winniemog Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 4:58am
post #6 of 12

My oven door broke off last week (luckily it was the one quiet week this year!!) and so I have enjoyed the most peaceful week/weekend. It's like my father always said about banging your head against the wall - it's so nice when you stop - and having a cake business is just the same!

costumeczar Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 12:11pm
post #7 of 12

winniemog posted: 

It's like my father always said about banging your head against the wall - it's so nice when you stop - and having a cake business is just the same!

I just got off the phone with a lady at GoDaddy who was trying to get me to relist some domain names I've let expire. I told her that cakes can kiss my butt and she thought I was joking. Hahaha, no.

Although I did end up finding something work-related to do on Friday...I designed some new wafer paper patterns. I can't sit still for too long without finding something to keep me busy  :)

julia1812 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 12

@winniemog  : "banging your head against the wall - it's so nice when you stop" HILARIOUS! !!

Am keeping myself busy with buying cake decorating stuff. Hell, this is like paradise! In every shop there are bits and pieces I didn't know they exist. ..nor that I'll want them - until now :) Maybe I can get away with accounting the vacation as business trip...hehehe.

winniemog Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 12

Oh @Julia1812, I so get the cake equipment shopping while on holiday! Last time we were in Paris, my husband and I each took an afternoon off from family sightseeing so we could do as we pleased, and not have small people grumbling because they were tired.

He went to the Musée D'Orsay for cultural enrichment.

I walked and walked, photographing the front window displays of patisseries. And I went to Rue Montmartre near Les Halles metro station. Along this street and nearby there are fantastic equipment and cake decorating stores, even book shops (books in French and English). Maybe it wasn't Monet, but I still had a great afternoon. Just had to do the usual trick of hiding all the new purchases from husband in my suitcase (oh - that old silicone mould - I've had that for ages - yes that's why I brought it all the way from Australia to Paris on holiday, of course!)

julia1812 Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 9:27pm
post #10 of 12

@winniemog

Yes, have 2 little ones in tow and absolutely get your point!  

Guses I'll have your "oh - that old silicone mould - I've had that for ages - yes that's why I brought it all the way from Australia to Paris on holiday, of course!" - moment back home at customs when they are digging for bribes - grrr. 

-K8memphis Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 10:16pm
post #11 of 12

winniem you're so funny! w/the traveling silicone mold hahahaha

winniemog Posted 10 Aug 2015 , 3:01am
post #12 of 12

And I'm planning to liberate some gear from Italy next month - I might try the line "it followed me home - can I keep it?" this time...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%