I Need Help

Baking By faby33 Updated 7 Aug 2015 , 5:47pm by faby33

faby33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faby33 Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 6

hi everyone! i made a mistake. the recepie for carrots andorange cupcakes i am going to use calls for creaming eggs and sugar . what i did i measured all the dry ingredients and mix them together, and here is my mistake, i mixed the flour with the sugar instead of creaming it with the eggs. i am not sure if this will interfere with a perfect cupcake. please help! thank you!! 

5 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 6

It should still turn out fine ;)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 6

yes i agree if it's for family no worries but if it's for a paying client i'd do it over

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 6

I think it will turn out OK. Another way of mixing cakes is using "reverse creaming" and when you do that, you mix all the powders together (flour and sugar) and then add the butter to it, then the liquids (eggs with buttermilk, milk, etc.) in 3 parts...until all mixed.

As in this cake:

http://sweetapolita.com/2011/05/vanilla-buttermilk-cake-with-instant-fudge-frosting/

Norcalhiker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norcalhiker Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 6

The effect of creaming sugar and butter is aeration in the butter.  The air pockets create rise.  

alternately the two step method can be used to mix batter.  I use this method almost exclusively.  In two step, the dry ingredients are sifted throughly together, then mixed with the butter.  The wet ingredients are then added .  Personally, I don't add my eggs in with the other wet ingredients  rather, I add in 2 additions after the wet ingredients.  But in standard two step, all wet ingredients are whisked together, then added at once.

honestly you can even mix the wet ingredients first, then add dry  in the past week, I've baked 6 cakes.  Three I mixed wet first; all had same rise.

the key to two step is the leavening.  Absent the creaming, rise relies more on leavening agents, so bit more is required.  

faby33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faby33 Posted 7 Aug 2015 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 6

thank you very much !! i appreciate all your answers. it is for family but still i want it to come good. i am relieved that i don't have to throw it away. thank you all and have a great day. great site, great people as always

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%