Gift Ideas

Decorating By annie52 Updated 6 Aug 2015 , 11:41pm by kakeladi

annie52 Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 11:02am
post #1 of 4

hi, i am looking for cake decorating gift ideas and for information on which brands are considered as quality products

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 4

You want to buy cake decorating tools for someone else?  Are they a beginner or a seasoned decorator?  For a beginner pastry bags and tips would be a good choice.  Ateco is a good quality brand. And there are some nice starter sets out there.  Maybe some Americolor gels?  For a more seasoned decorator maybe some of the newest silicone fondant or lace molds.

Jinkies Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 4

OOOOH, someone's a lucky cake decorator!  Tell us a little more about the recipient  and what your budget is and we'd be happy to help.  I know what I'd want, <sigh>.....

kakeladi Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, annie52, as another poster mentioned much more information would help us help you much better.

I'm BIG on books.   They can be sooooo helpful :) [BTW I have a couple available for sale since I am retired]
  Next, would be quality pans - any/all sizes from 3" to 16" round, square or a special shape.  BUT not Wilton shapes unless you know that's what the person would REALLY like and use.  Usually they are used once or twice then forgotten. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%