Gummy Spider Webs!

Decorating By Rosariajameson Updated 28 Sep 2015 , 10:58am by icingimages

Rosariajameson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosariajameson Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone! 

I have a cake coming up for Halloween and the client wants spiders webs on it. I saw a thread once that says you can make something called gummy spider webs, but I can't seem to find the recipe. The webs on the cake look like they're slightly wrapped round it. I'm not sure how to imitate it!

Thanks in advance <3

6 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 7

Don't know about gummy webs, but you can by a container of Claire Bowman Cake lace in black...it's already premixed and ready to use....and pipe them free hand from a  pastry bag.  Once dry they are flexible for months and you can bend and shape them any way you like.  I actually have a spider web lace mat and use it often to make webs for super hero inspired caked.

Rosariajameson Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 11:05am
post #3 of 7

I'll have to try some as I can't seem to find anything that would be flexible enough for what I want :/

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Rosa :)

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 7

The lace mix is great...when dry its like fabric.  You can shape it, twist it, tie bows with it, etc., yet it's completely edible!  Also, if you want to make a shape that permanent you just heat the finished it in the oven for a while to set it.  It's amazing stuff!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 6 Aug 2015 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 7

The gummy spider web sounded familiar - I was researching them a while ago.

Did a search, then switched to Recipes.  Hope it's what you were looking for.

http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/60245/gummy-spider-webs-with-marshmallows

Rosariajameson Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks very much everyone! I bought some of the Clare Bowman stuff and tested it out, it worked just fine :D

Thanks!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Sep 2015 , 10:48am
post #7 of 7

DECOgel is prefect for the spiderwebs.  Decorate the cake has the spider web mold.  Just heat the Icing Imagse DECOgel for 30 seconds in the microwave and just pour it right it to the mold.  Let it set for 20 minutes and it is ready to go. In a hurry to let it set, just pop it in the freezer it will cut the time in half! The web will be flexible and will stretch.  DECOgel from Icing Images  and   Spider Web Mold From Decorate the Cake

56091d49bcfa7.jpeg

FoSpider Web Mold From Decorate the Cake
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/824037/gummy-spider-webs#zqzLMUu4VEsB5lky.99

*Last edited by icingimages on 28 Sep 2015 , 10:58am

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%