Can I Bake Wednesday For Saturday Without Freezing?

Baking By Jenmarlene Updated 5 Aug 2015 , 4:50pm by -K8memphis

Jenmarlene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenmarlene Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 11:26am
post #1 of 8

I always put simple syrup on my cakes and dont have space in my freezer, so can I bake in advance..

7 replies
Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 11:34am
post #2 of 8

Yes, depending on the recipe.  I always bake on Wednesday for Saturday weddings.  Cover them in ganache on Thursday and they'll be fine.

Jenmarlene Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 11:36am
post #3 of 8

I never used ganache

Jenmarlene Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 8

can i  just frost it without the ganache and let it sit in the fridge till I decorate Thursday and finish it off on Friday?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 8

even when I didn't have an extra fridge or freezer the cakes came first -- i learned not to big grocery shop before i did a cake -- i cleaned out the fridge/freezer -- sometimes tossing stuff that was still good -- but doing that and it stinging is how I learned to have a lean fridge --

your cake will probably be OK but the fridge dries things out while the freezer suspends all the moisture -- you can crumb coat if you want and wrap it like a mummy several times it should be fine

Jenmarlene Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 8

thank you!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 4:36pm
post #7 of 8

Yes, you can just leave them at room temp well-wrapped and uniced, too. If you'll be working on them Thursday and Friday that's no big deal.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 8

there definitely are cakes that would be fine at room temp for four days but not all of them -- you would want to have tested that in advance and especially if it's a tier cake -- performance is everything -- needs to slice neat and clean as well as hold at room temp after being plated for at least an hour before crusting/staling

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%