Lace Detail

Decorating By CastroCupcake Updated 5 Aug 2015 , 2:07am by costumeczar

CastroCupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CastroCupcake Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 1:27am
post #1 of 3

Hello, i just took on an emergency last minute order from a bride..its for bridal cupcakes...this weekend..she's really set her heart on lace detailed cupcakes..but i do not have the silicone lace mold in my possession and its too late to order even express within this week..any idea on how i can create the lace effect for her? Sans mold? Thank you

2 replies
Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 2:04am
post #2 of 3

1. Use real lace as a stencil and spray fondant cupcake toppers with edible paint. Gold or silver would be beautiful. 

2. Look up recipes for homemade sugar veil and pipe lace designs onto parchment paper instead of using the mat. 

3. Use melted chocolate to pipe lace designs onto parchment. Once set, you can top cupcakes with your sweet little chocolate "doilies". 

4. Make fondantcircless and use piping tips and mini cutters to cut out lace designs.

I used the last technique to make the " tablecloth" and the hanky, both made from mmf. 55c16f30a44f6.jpeg

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 2:07am
post #3 of 3

You could also get a piece of alencon lace from a fabric store and make sure it has a decent amount of detail on it. Put it on a sheet of fondant and press it into the fondant with your hands or a rolling pin. That will emboss the pattern into the fondant, and you can cut out circles of the fondant to put on the cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%