How Tall Are These Tiers?

Decorating By mariak Updated 4 Aug 2015 , 12:33am by FrostedMoon

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 4

I was sent this picture and it looks to me like these tiers are taller than 4 inches. Do you think I am right?55bfe9fc1571f.png

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 4

without a can of coke photobombing in the background or something to present a perspective it's impossible to say -- but in fact they look less than 4" to me if it is indeed a regular sized cake -- for example margaret braun has a tier cake in her book that has a two inch top tier that's four inches tall and you would never know just by flipping through the book -- gotta read the fine print -- you'd think it would look like a stick of dynamite but it just looks like a real nice tier cake --

and this could be anywhere from 6" tall overall to 16" -- can't really tell --

but i am certain that it is really pretty

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 4

Assuming that the tiers are 4" tall it would make sense that this is a 4-6-8-10 combination. If they're 5" it could be a 5-7-9-11, or it could be a 4-6-8-10 that's a little taller than 4" per tier.

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 4 Aug 2015 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

My theory is the tiers are probably about 4 inches tall, but they look taller because the top 3 tiers are only about an inch different in diameter.  The top tier is about as tall as it is wide, so assuming it's 4 inches, the next tier is about 5 inches, then next is about 6 inches, and the last tier looks to be closer to 8 inches, which is why it doesn't like quite as tall as the others.  Although at first glance I thought it was a 4-6-8-10 with each tier being about 5 inches tall for sure.  Like others have said, really tough to tell without something to compare it to!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%