Edible Image Question

Decorating By Island girl Updated 3 Aug 2015 , 2:34pm by Honey6983

Island girl Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! 

I want to make a cake for my daughters birthday but I have never used an edible image before. She wants a Frozen cake with Elsa on it. I have attached a picture of what I'm wanting to do. How is this placed on? Do I roll out gumpaste and attach the image to gumpaste and then attach to the cake? Or do I just place the edible image directly on to the cake? Should I cover the cake in fondant or use buttercream? What works best? Tia!! 55be95b68be4d.png

2 replies
costumeczar Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 3

I'm assuming that it's an icing sheet, not wafer paper? I think that you can just apply the icing sheet directly to the cake, or you could put it on gumpaste using piping gel or corn syrup (brush it on the gumpaste then put the picture on it.) You can look at the icingimages.com website, they have a lot of videos showing how to use different products.

Honey6983 Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 3

You can attach to buttercream or fondant. For buttercream, I usually just carefully spread a thin layer of BC to the back of the image and then gently press (WITH CLEAN HANDS!) to the buttercream cake. For fondant, you can do the same or apply to gum paste first and then affix to the side of the cake with BC or piping gel. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%