Zoning Woes....

Business By lilsingerchic Updated 2 Aug 2015 , 7:00pm by -K8memphis

lilsingerchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsingerchic Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 4:40am
post #1 of 3

Hello!  I've been running bakery biz out of my home kitchen for a few years now and I really need to move to a larger space.  I've looked into renting a kitchen but nothing seems to work for what I need.  What I'd really like to do is move the business into a condo that I own.  The only problem is that the zoning laws in my county will not allow me to have a business there as it wouldn't be my primary residence.  However, since I wouldn't plan on being there very long (2-3 years) would it be crazy to just say it is??  

2 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 3

Yes. You know it's illegal, so don't do it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 3

we have a lady here in elvistown who lied about her residence in order to be elected to a certain district -- but i mean she got duly elected and served for some time -- and even though she got caught she still tried to shine it all on like she really lived there -- busted is busted chicky -- it was very awkward to watch her skirt the issue on the news --

so it would be uncomfortable for you -- you know it would -- you're tempted but you know it's twisted -- all it would take is one phone call from a competitor or a neighbor to turn you in -- why do/risk that -- you don't want to base your livelihood/business on a fib --

best to you -- keep it simple

edited for typo -- LOVE the edit feature

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 2 Aug 2015 , 7:00pm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%