Unusual Side Effects Of Cake Deco -- Who'da Thought

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 5 Aug 2015 , 7:12pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 8

so i can't be fingerprinted -- i wore my prints off my right hand from piping --

you got any weird side effects from decorating y'know like blue boogers from air brushing blue & stuff like that

7 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 8

Nothing like that here.  But, a few weeks ago, I was sweeping up the kitchen floor after finishing a cake.  Had a little pile of powdered sugar and little blue pieces of fondant, etc that had fallen.  I went to get the vacuum and when I came back 2 minutes later-the fondant was gone.  Next day my dog was pooping neon green....

Can't let him back in the kitchen now until it's completely cleaned up because he LOVES fondant, little weirdo.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 8

My husband was concerned I was taking too long in the ladies' room when we went in to get our truck inspected.  I had to confess and show him my phone.  I had to take photos of the drawings on the walls - - they'll make beautiful cakes!  I see cakes everywhere!!

Help me, PLEASE!!!

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 8

Well yes, after airbrushing my tissues are always brightly coloured! My hands are always weird colours because I hate wearing gloves to colour fondant - I have been called smurfette at the gym, and I can't tell you how many times I've gone out on a Saturday night and had to try to hide my hands so they don't draw attention...when my daughter was asked to think of adjectives to describe me last Mother's Day, the first thing she said was "multicoloured"....hmmmm, but I mostly wear black....of course she meant my hands...

I was cleaning the air intake filter for the central heating the other day and it's still holding red airbrush colour (I last sprayed with red in mid-June!) - I clean that fortnightly - so this colour's persistent!

Plus when I pick my girls up from school, no matter how carefully I check, there's always a ganache smear on my cheek or icing sugar on my t shirt or....you get the picture. I am known as the best smelling mum at school though, so it can't all be bad! In fact, my daughter told her teacher grade 3 class on Friday that my oven had broken on Thursday (the door snapped off!) - and apparently there were 25 eight and nine year old in tears - they thought I could never bake again - talk about typecasting!

Oh, and I see cake EVERYWHERE too -  always looking at shapes and patterns and breaking them down into how I would build them....let's face it, it's a sickness, this cake thing!

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 5:16am
post #5 of 8

Lol no fingerprints! I would have never thought about that as a potential side effect of caking. 

For me it's just the regular old multi-coloured hands and nails...not quite as hard core as wearing off my fingerprints I know, lol.

Cali6422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cali6422 Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 8

Does the need for multiple rental storage units qualify as an unusual side effect?  I've accumulated so many caking supplies, they have displaced other items in the condo ... I've relegated family heirlooms to storage units to make room for all the caking items that I "can't live without"!!

I've tried telling my husband these items have the benefit of insulating our home ... they will keep it warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.  I'm not sure he believes me ... but it was worth a shot. :-)

-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 8

you guys are all  cracking me up

-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2015 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 8

i damaged my porch yesterday due to cake decorating -- we tragically had an officer shot in the line of duty here, sean bolton, God rest his soul and be near to his family and all -

but i wanted to show my support by lighting my porch with a blue light -- so why go to the store and buy a blue bulb -- do they even sell those except at christmas -- anyhow i whip out the air brush color and while i had enough sense to hold a towel lined pan underneath the squirt bottle my aim was off and i soaked the roof of our porch as well at the light cover with blue ick -- and i don't think it showed blue either -- gonna go to lowe's and see what i can find...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%