Any Walmart Decorators Here?

Business By Christeenaw Updated 12 Aug 2015 , 4:17pm by -K8memphis

Christeenaw Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 5:06am
post #1 of 10

I'm fairly new to working in the walmart bakery as a cake decorator. I'm in a walmart canada superstore. Anyway, my question is does anyone know what a cake around is?  I have the listing and PLU to print a sticker and the price but I have no guides to tell me what they are.  Thanks!

9 replies
-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 10

never woked for walmart but it might be a typo and they meant  'one round cake' as opposed to a square or heart shape 

maybe shoulda been 'cake a round' (one) 

idk there's no boss to ask?

Christeenaw Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 2:16am
post #3 of 10

I've asked the bakers and nobody knows. I'm the first decorator employed in the store, since it opened in January and I've only been there a couple of months now. I have a different listing for a regular round cake, that's why I'm asking what it is. It is actually listed as a cake-around. Oh well, I'll try asking another person in management maybe they will know 

4laynes Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 2:31am
post #4 of 10

I would call another walmart's bakery and ask them.  I'm interested in knowing too.

littlejewel Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 2:31am
post #5 of 10

You could call another walmart  store, ask for the bakery and ask them.

jgifford Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 10

Packaging of some sort?

Christeenaw Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 4:07am
post #7 of 10

Update!  I called another store today on my shift and was able to find out what they are :)

its a single layer 8" cake surrounded by 12 cupcakes

4laynes Posted 9 Aug 2015 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 10

Well, who would have thought that?  Mystery solved!

JKatBaker Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 2:08pm
post #9 of 10

I am also a decorator at Walmart. There is so many things we do offer, it is mainly finding the codes and packaging to go with them. Last spring found parfaits on our system, now they are the hottest sellers. Chunks of cake with filling and frosting in a container easy for dessert for one. Biggest thing I found, ask around until you get answers, they are out there somewhere.

-K8memphis Posted 12 Aug 2015 , 4:17pm
post #10 of 10

i think it's so cool that this was discussed/determined and case closed online idk it's just cool -- 

go walmart

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%