Cheesecake Vessel

Baking By Kim1182 Updated 1 Aug 2015 , 1:54am by Kim1182

Kim1182 Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 6

Several months ago I saw a silicone/rubber round "pan" with handles that you use to place your uncooked cheesecake in to bake.  It takes the place of a metal moat or wrapping your springform pan in foil and placing it in a water bath.   I bookmarked it but unfortunately I can no longer find it.  Does anyone know what I'm looking for and where to locate it?

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 6

i understand what you mean but you'll still need to place it on a cookie sheet because it will be too wobbly on it's own and with hot water in it ruh roh -- i have so many (too many) cake pans i just use one of those when i need a water bath --

and no i'm sorry i've never seen that one with the handles --

but think it through and decide if you still want it -- water baths are so sloppy and dangerous -- the thought of it in a wobbly vessel is not something desirable to me but i didn't see it either -- it may be the bees knees or it might bite :)

Kim1182 Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks K8memphis.   It was not wobbly at all and it may have been placed on a cookie sheet to place in the oven.   It was designed and sold by a professional chef.  Wish I could remember her name or how I came across it.

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 6

all my silicone pans are wobbly -- 

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 31 Jul 2015 , 11:10pm
mccantsbakes Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 6

I did a google search "silicone water bath pan for cheesecakes" and this is what I found 

hope this is what you were looking for

Kim1182 Posted 1 Aug 2015 , 1:54am
post #6 of 6

Thanks mccantsbakes.  That's it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%