Cupcake Stands

Business By jadaniya Updated 31 Jul 2015 , 4:29pm by Pastrybaglady

jadaniya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadaniya Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 3

I making cupcakes for a wedding for a friend of a friend and they wanted me to build a cupcake stand. They were on a budget and didn't want to spend the money to buy a cupcake stand. So I did charge a little extra (pretty much to cover the cost of materials). I ended up spending several hours constructing 3 cupcake stands and I kind of want to keep them.... So I guess my question is what is the protocol for displays? Does the bride keep the stand or can I keep it? 

2 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 3

I've seen on here where people rent the stands. They charge a deposit which the customer gets back if the stand is returned (and not broken). So charge a deposit plus a rental fee. That way it's cheap for her and you get to keep the stand.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 31 Jul 2015 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 3

That should be something you and the bride agree upon.  I would say if you have to supply the stand and you're not charging fully for it's value it belongs to you, the materials charge is like a rental fee.  If she wants to keep it she must pay your price for it including your labor.  She had you make it to save money so I doubt she'll want to go that route, but you need to have a conversation about it with her to clarify.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%