Taking The Plunge Advice Welcome

Business By Webake2gether Updated 1 Oct 2015 , 12:52pm by sweetpea1234

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 18 Sep 2015 , 6:01pm
post #61 of 69

I'm right there with you on the mop sink lol. I'll actually have a mop bucket that I will fill up with the detachable sprayer faucet. The mop sink is for cleaning purposes hand sink is for hand washing only and 3 compartment sink is for dishes only. It's to keep things separate of course and I really just don't understand the exact reason why I couldn't use my shower (converted) but the mop sink was $100 so I can move on pretty easily :)

the only thing that will need redone if we sell down the road is taking the frp (fiberglass reinforced plastic) off 3 walls and redoing the drywall on them bc the frp adhesive ruins drywall when removed. The pedestal sink we moved for the mop sink can go right back in. The only permanent things we added are  the frp, hand sink and the little wall which are all simple fixes. Carpet can easily be installed if we ever decide to move. We only had to pull one permit for the plumbing and that all stayed on one wall so that was great. Brave or crazy.... Brave sounds better lol :) 

Webake2gether Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:07am
post #62 of 69

Just a few small things to finish tomorrow but otherwise done!!5607332a09d2b.jpeg5607332b12400.jpeg5607332c02bed.jpeg5607332cd5e3c.jpeg5607332de103b.jpeg5607332eb7d33.jpeg

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:56am
post #63 of 69

This is so awesome!  And so exciting!  I'm jealous of your shiny sinks, ours look older than I am. 

I know you're anxious to get started. I wish you all the best. AND HAVE FUN! 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 2:26am
post #64 of 69

nice -- so inspectors soon?

file this under "advice welcome" and cafeteria style of course -- take it or leave it:

hey -- it's too late now but just a thought -- if you can get your mixer down lower you might be more comfortable with it -- you will save tons of shoulder/elbow/wrist movement/strain -- i know you said you have some arthritis -- i have a long low table for stuff like that --

and while i'm on the subject of equipment -- consider an induction element (hot plate) for your cookpot for any meringues, coulis, fillings and boiled sugar -- just a great, real accurate/safe low heat device -- gotta have the magnetic bottom pot/s -- i've seen them at walmart now --*edited to say by low heat i mean while it heats as hot as you need it to of course it just gives off less unused heat so it's more efficient -- the bottom doesn't get hot -- not that you didn't know that -- just 'splainin'

then microwaves are inexpensive -- eventually you'll need one of those too -- besides an airbrush & station and a photography station maybe a packaging station and a 'building' station with a drill and sandpaper miter box, glue gun, maybe a foam cutter, circle cutter, goggles, face mask etc. ask Santa for a speed rack -- you'll wonder how you ever lived without one and get a cover for it too --

i know i know you're just trying to get finished and get past inspections -- 

Looks great! oooh speaking of Christmas whadayah gonna bake for the holidays? what's the first thing you're gonna bake when you're officially official--

p.s. love the fatigue mats!

*Last edited by -K8memphis on 27 Sep 2015 , 3:17am
littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 12:52pm
post #65 of 69

Congratulations. Your kitchen looks great.

Webake2gether Posted 27 Sep 2015 , 5:55pm
post #66 of 69

@jgifford  thanks!!! I'm beyond excited to get that oven fired up lol. I only paid $100 for that sink too :)

Thanks @-K8memphis  actually the mixer came on that cart so we just wheeled it on in. I would have liked to have it lower and may still be a possibility down the road. I was actually thinking of the hot plate and microwave our local health dept. says everything has to be commercial grade so we'll get those at some point too. As far as what we'll bake when we're officially official I'm not sure. We can take orders once we are passed Tuesday by the health dept. so I have no idea what it will be lol. I'm going to make a coconut cream pie for Tuesday (our friends birthday) and 80 pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream icing for a pastor appreciation dinner. But those are for people we know so not an official order..... I'm super excited to see what it will be though. 

@littlejewel  thanks!!! It's turned out better than I could have hoped or imagined.  I'm glad the construction part is over lol. 

cookiemum123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemum123 Posted 29 Sep 2015 , 11:38pm
post #67 of 69

Oh my gosh webake2G, you got a commercial kitchen! Awesome! Thrilled for ya! Thanks for showing us how it's done! So sweet you and hubby bake together. By all means Get that oven going and start pumping out those delicious and fabulous cakes y'all! 100$$ for a sink? Love that! Well this was fun to see and know, better go shine my sink now before bed. Tootles...

Webake2gether Posted 29 Sep 2015 , 11:45pm
post #68 of 69

560b227f1b111.jpegAll done :)

sweetpea1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1234 Posted 1 Oct 2015 , 12:52pm
post #69 of 69

Hi,

It's been a long time since I've been here. So much so I no longer could use my old password. But I saw how perplexed you seem to be with the shower/mop sink situation.  Whether it be a shower or the regular sink, the pipes are usually situated where they connect with your commercial sink.  If you were to then use the shower for cleaning purposes of floors, etc this could create a cross connection. That's a no-no in the food business. It can even be with the county.  Thus why you have to have a separate area(in which these pipes are specifically cutoff from your potable supply) for these cleaning purposes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%