Fluffy White Chocolate Ganache For Wedding Cake - Warm Weather Australia Sept

Decorating By ROBYN_1958 Updated 3 Aug 2015 , 12:25pm by ROBYN_1958

ROBYN_1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ROBYN_1958 Posted 30 Jul 2015 , 7:06am
post #1 of 3

Hi

I am attempting my daughter's wedding cake for her Spring wedding. I am making simple mud cakes maybe 2-3 tiers and want to cover with a fluffy white chocolate ganache and fresh flowers. Can some one off advice about the ganache ratios and method for the fluffy ganache with temperature around 25 deg c here in North Queensland Australia.

2 replies
Shazza65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazza65 Posted 30 Jul 2015 , 10:38am
post #2 of 3

Hi Robyn

For my son's cake I used a  4:1 ratio to counter the 40 degree heat we had last November in SE Qld.  As your temp is going to be quite moderate you could use 3:1. That's 3 parts chocolate to 1 part cream.   There's an excel sheet called the Ganacherator which will help you work out how much ganache you need, and if you search for 'Inspired by Michelle' there's an easy tutorial on the process of making it . Once it's cooled down to peanut butter consistency all you need to do is whip it in the mixer till fluffy. Then, you're good to go. Try a few different chocolates to see what suits your taste. Buttons work as well as eating chocolate.  Hope that helps. 

Shazza 

ROBYN_1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ROBYN_1958 Posted 3 Aug 2015 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Shazza 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%