Gluten Free Recipes

Baking By Grenmanmoore Updated 30 Jul 2015 , 3:08am by Jessmabee

Grenmanmoore Posted 27 Jul 2015 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 4

I recently tried a choclate cake recipe using almond flour instaed of all purpose flour. I put the cake pans on a cookie sheet in case of spill over. The recipe was a disaster since the cake batter actually boiled over and out of the pan.

I tried another recipe designed for almond flour and had similar results. Is putting the cake pans on a cookie sheet the problem or the recipe?

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 28 Jul 2015 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

almond flour is ground almonds -- nothing really in there to bind ingredients together well in the rest of the recipe you'd have eggs but I mean like tapioca flour or some bean flour or rice flour - I use almond flour in addition to some of those other flours -- i especially like oatmeal flour --

so i'd say try a new recipe

Grenmanmoore Posted 28 Jul 2015 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the tip.

Jessmabee Posted 30 Jul 2015 , 3:08am
post #4 of 4

Hey,

We make a lot of GF items in the bakery where I work. All of our cakes and cookies use a combination of rice flour(white or brown), potato starch (not potato flour), tapioca starch, and GF xanthan gum. Our muffins are the same with the addition of ground almonds and coconut flour. As K8 mentioned you definitely need binders in your recipes like eggs and other fats (oil, butter, milk etc) to keep everything together. hope this helps; happy baking :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%