Canadians - Don't Buy Loretta Clear Artificial Vanilla

Decorating By SquirrellyCakes Updated 23 Jul 2015 , 5:14pm by SquirrellyCakes

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 7

Bought two kinds of clear vanilla from the Bulk Barn - Wilton brand and Loretta. Surprisingly, the Wilton one tastes close to real pure vanilla. Unfortunately the Loretta brand is awful. Doesn't taste anything like vanilla and it isn't cheap either.

6 replies
cjamr92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjamr92 Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 7

Stay away from the Loretta... I found it was more like rubbing alcohol in flavour. If u are using flavours on a regular basis I have found Lorann to be awesome. If u go online check out vanillafoodcompany.com they sell in bugger sizes then the stores for a better price and only charge 7.00 shipping anywhere in Canada. I get my orders in 5 businesz days every time. They have a fabulous selection of products. Including some wonderful vanilla products.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 7

cjamr92  very accurate - that is what it tastes like. I always buy pure vanilla because years ago the artificial clear vanilla tasted horrible. I actually bought the Loretta brand because I thought the Wilton brand might not taste good.  The Wilton one is very good.

I needed it in a hurry so I went to the Bulk Barn. 

Good to know about the store you provided the link to - thanks.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 7

Haven't used their flavourings but I do use the Loretta red food colouring and I love it! My favourite vanilla flavouring is the one from Costco. I used to have 2 bottles of real pure vanilla from Dominican Republic but sadly I ran out, that was the best one!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 7

SweetShop5 - do you mean Costco's pure vanilla extract - the Kirkland brand or do they have an artificial clear vanilla? I love the Kirkland Pure Vanilla and I like the Madagascar bourbon pure vanillas too. 

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 7

@SquirrellyCakes 

The Kirkland Pure Vanilla!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 7

SweetShop5 - It is such a good deal too. I just finished the last bottle of my stock up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%