Bulk Buying

Business By Laurenbem1 Updated 13 Aug 2015 , 12:25pm by costumeczar

Laurenbem1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laurenbem1 Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all,

The shop that I do most of my bulk Buying from is so far to drive to and I'm starting to get a lot more cake orders.

I was going to start buying my products online to save money but there are so many different websites to order from.

Which sites do you guys bulk buy from and whI've websites do you find the cheapest and most reliable?

Thanks

9 replies
staceyfarmer21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyfarmer21 Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 10

For icing and equipment take a look at designacake.co.UK don't use it as bulk buy, but I find the prices cheap and you get loyalty points when you spend and if you sign up you get discount prices. Plus they do free delivery over certain amount and when I've ordered the stuff has come really quickly :) 

Hope this helps :) x x

Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 23 Jul 2015 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 10

If you're in the UK, I use sugarshack for virtually everything - I used to spend ages searching for the best prices but now just stick with them. Free delivery over £15 too.

Laurenbem1 Posted 24 Jul 2015 , 4:21am
post #4 of 10

Thank you guys! I will check these out! X

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 26 Jul 2015 , 5:33am
post #5 of 10

Does anyone have any good sites for the U.S.? I have a couple I use but curious to see if there are any better places. 

thecakeladyzh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeladyzh Posted 26 Jul 2015 , 9:40am
post #6 of 10

For the US you can try 

1. http://m.brpboxshop.com for packaging

2. New York Cake company for equipment

3. Chefrubber.com for equipment

There are many in the US , but I hope those give you a good start.

All the best,

thecakelady.ch

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 26 Jul 2015 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks thecakeladyzh! I have been looking for a good packaging site. I love NY Cake, they are one of my favs. Haven't tried chefrubber yet. Thanks for the info!

Apieceofcak3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apieceofcak3 Posted 28 Jul 2015 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 10

I have had pretty good luck with Global Sugar Art. I am not sure if there is better pricing out there, but for fondant, they carry what I use for most of my decorative cakes, and buying bulk for that is the best route for me!

Laurenbem1 Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 8:25am
post #9 of 10

Thanks! @Apieceofcak3  I will go check them out x

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 Aug 2015 , 12:25pm
post #10 of 10

If you have a tax ID number you can usually get wholesale accounts. Try ckproducts.com for that, their pricing is good. Also cakedeco.com, but i don't know if they do wholesale or not. NYcakes does wholesale if I remember correctly. The information is usually hidden somewhere on the site's pages, but you can always send any company an email asking if they do wholesale accounts. There's usually a minimum amount that you have to spend, but I find that very simple to achieve in most cases...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%