Icing Sheets

Baking By pilotbaby Updated 20 Jul 2015 , 8:03pm by icingimages

pilotbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilotbaby Posted 19 Jul 2015 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,

I just watched a tutorial on using a stamp on an icing sheet and putting it on a sugar cookie.  I have been trying to stamp directly onto the royal icing but it isn't very dark.  Is an icing sheet a better option?  Where can I buy these?  They are not the same thing as the sugar sheets are they?

TIA

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Jul 2015 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 7

Icing Images just sent me some samples of them to try out and I'm going to be experimenting with them this week. Iv'e heard people say that their quality is good (from Icing images) so you could buy a pack of them and see if you like them. They also have a lot of information on their website and you could probably get a lot of answers there. www.icingimages.com 

pilotbaby Posted 19 Jul 2015 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks- I'll check them out!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 2:16am
post #4 of 7

The icing sheets are perfect for stamping!  Thanks Costumeczar or the compliments.  Icing Sheets, sugar sheets, frosting sheets are all the same basic things, just different manufacturers.  But the base ingredient is sugar on all three.  Icing Images sells the Premium Icing Sheets which work very well for stamping because they hold up well at room temperature while you are working with them.  We also sell different colors which may be fun for stamping giving you a different color platform to start with! We look forward to hearing about the results! Oh also we are now offering free shipping over $100, but if you do not spend that much and you are a new customer, when you create a new account you will receive a coupon good towards your first purchase.  Enjoy and please share!

icingimages Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

The icing sheets are perfect for stamping!  Thanks Costumeczar or the compliments.  Icing Sheets, sugar sheets, frosting sheets are all the same basic things, just different manufacturers.  But the base ingredient is sugar on all three.  Icing Images sells the Premium Icing Sheets which work very well for stamping because they hold up well at room temperature while you are working with them.  We also sell different colors which may be fun for stamping giving you a different color platform to start with! We look forward to hearing about the results! Oh also we are now offering free shipping over $100, but if you do not spend that much and you are a new customer, when you create a new account you will receive a coupon good towards your first purchase.  Enjoy and please share!

pilotbaby Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the information.  I was just looking at your website.  I'm not sure about all of the sizes and ones with shapes already cut out.  If I just wanted to stamp different things and cut them to apply, I assume I would just order the 8 x 5 sheets and cut them to size?  Does it work well to just cut them with regular kitchen scissors?  Sorry for all of the questions- I am new to this and just want to try it out.  

TIA

icingimages Posted 20 Jul 2015 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, they cut very easily with scissors or an exacto knife, even a paper cutter.  Once you get stamping down, check out the Sweet Accents on our website!  It is the first food safe die cutting and embossing system.  What is really unique about the food safe dies is that you can also stencil with them!  You would love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%