Please Give Me Some Tips For Writing (Letters) On Sugar Cookies.

Decorating By pilotbaby Updated 17 Jul 2015 , 8:00pm by Pastrybaglady

pilotbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilotbaby Posted 17 Jul 2015 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I am new to cookie making and have had some luck making cute decorated sugar cookies.  I want to make some "thank you" cookies for someone and would also like to be able to put our Daughter's names and others on cookies.  I have terrible handwriting and it seems to carry over into trying to write on cookies.  I use royal icing and have tried a variety of tips but nothing improves it.  How do people make the writing on their cookies look so cute?  

3 replies
Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Jul 2015 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 4

In short, practice, practice, practice!  However, there are "cheats".  There are stamps you can use and trace, you could put wax paper over letters, trace, let dry and place on wet icing, or you could place cut fondant.

pilotbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilotbaby Posted 17 Jul 2015 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you- I have never tried the stamps- do they work pretty well?  Any particular brands you like?  Maybe I can use those while I practice.  I'm having a hard time getting the consistency just right too I think. 

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 17 Jul 2015 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 4

Oh yeah, consistency is really key!  There are so many different kinds of stamps, I don't have a favorite.  You could even pick a simple design from a regular craft store and use an edible marker to get a faint impression and just go over it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%