Chocolate Lolipops

Decorating By smile22 Updated 14 Jul 2015 , 7:57pm by jgifford

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 1:53pm
post #1 of 4

in a previous post i asked about mini mouse candy molds i was able to find them. i am making them for my neices first birthday.

there are a few questions i need some help with this is the first time i am doing lolipops in summer weather. normaly i would leave my pops in a cool dry place.  the party is on a Sunday afternoon at a local park  i have Friday off from work so i could possibly make the pops then  saturday i have work but its later in the day i could make them in the am but then i would be like in rush mode because of work. 

so if i made the pops on Friday how should i store them? i live in new England and the temps right now are into 80s-mid 90s would you leave them in the fridge or fear they would crack because of the cold.

my second issue is the birthday party is in a local park in the picnic area that is very well shaded i need to transport the pops 30 minutes away in the car i have some insulated grocery bags i could put them into with some ice packs on the side.

i am also worried about meltage at the park is there anything i can do to prevent them from melting at the park ex maybe placing them in a bucket  and then placing that bucket on ice. 

i really didnt think the logistics of this before deciding to make them and sil is already making cake and cupcakes so those are out of the question 

i am getting peach merkins melts for the face as thats the closest to skin tone but i was told from the cake supply store i am going to that the black merkins melt funny.  she said i have black poweder you can mix with the white will that work or would i have to add in some dark chocolate melts to make it super black or close to black.

3 replies
smile22 Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 4

etd  party is not till the 26th so i have plenty of time to get supplies and figure the logistics out 

smile22 Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 4

forgot to add party is not till the 26th so i have plenty of time to figure things out but the cake supply store is an hour away from me so i also have to figure out how i am going to buy the candy melts  and transport it to my house as well 

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 4

I have noticed that the colored candy melts don't always melt as well as the white ones. I add Crisco to them until they're the right consistency, so the black ones would probably work fine. I would be a little leery of adding any powder to them.

You'll be fine making them on Friday - - they'll last and be good for several weeks. As far as storing the lollipops, they don't need to be refrigerated unless your house is very warm.  I never refrigerated any of my candy after it was set because chocolate/candy melts and water (condensation) don't mix. However, when you're transporting and at the park you probably should go with the insulated bag and a couple of cold paks.  Whatever you do, keep them out of the sun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%