Help! What To Use?

Decorating By krneidner Updated 15 Jul 2015 , 5:32pm by krneidner

krneidner Posted 13 Jul 2015 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 8
Any suggestions on what I might try to create this look? I've seen some similar done with fondant, but it seems like it would be too thick to get this flaky look. Thanks for your time! I appreciate any input!
7 replies
dkltll Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 8

I don't see a post, just a heading.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 8

The post only appears for a second or so - not long enough to read through so that someone can respond.

Jackie Posted 14 Jul 2015 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 8

The Original Message should be showing up now. I fixed the bug that was causing it to not show.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 12:24am
post #5 of 8

Thanks Jackie.

Jeff_Arnett Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 12:48am
post #6 of 8

Pretty sure that's fondant....rolled thin, perhaps with some CMC (tylose) added to stiffen it a bit to make it easier to ruffle the strips' edges before applying them.


FlourPots Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 1:30am
post #7 of 8
krneidner Posted 15 Jul 2015 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you guys so much!! That link helped a lot!

Quote by @%username% on %date%