Shipping Cake Balls....refrigeration?

Business By Naty Updated 11 Jul 2015 , 5:06pm by -K8memphis

Naty Posted 11 Jul 2015 , 11:09am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, for those of you that ship cake balls which containers/boxes you use and do you pack in dry ice to prevent them from spoiling?

I plan on starting selling mine (without the sticks - just the cake balls) out of state. Sorry but Im really new at this and would appreciate the help. I have never shipped anything that requires refrigeration.

Thanks,

Naty

4 replies
AAtKT Posted 11 Jul 2015 , 11:52am
post #2 of 5

Take note that selling and shipping out of state will require you to follow some FDA rules too...

-K8memphis Posted 11 Jul 2015 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 5

i don't ship cake balls nor anything requiring refrigeration for the simple fact it is too expensive -- overnight shipping prices are very high even without the extra packaging materials  -- $50 or more --

but if you look on uline http://www.uline.com/Grp_93/Insulated-Shippers-and-Supplies you will find all your refrigeration shipping materials --  the insulated box alone would be $7 to $10 plus a litle for the ice pack plus the packaging for the cake balls then the shipping is at least $50 for overnight -- you've got $60/$65 of overhead before you make the first cake ball

check out shari's berries for some good information on what you want to do

http://www.berries.com/

now their shipping is only about $25 to california for a dozen berries but they ship a lot so they buy their packaging in bulk and because of their consistent quantities of boxes shipped they get better rates -- plus i'm sure they have several places who do the berries dotted across the states so there's that too --

and you need special licensing to ship across state lines 

best to you

Naty Posted 11 Jul 2015 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Jul 2015 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 5

plus i'm not positive but i think the shari's berries is two day shipping -- with the option to upgrade -- whatever it is it's way pricey for random  occasional shipping -- as a company ships more and more the prices can come down some --

and you're welcome -- best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%