Wafer Paper Questions

Decorating By mrsmac888 Updated 10 Jul 2015 , 5:18pm by icingimages

mrsmac888 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 6

As far as I know I cannot buy wafer paper locally.  Does anyone have a specific place online where they buy it?

Do brands vary, or is it all pretty much the same?

Does wafer paper play well with buttercream?  The wafer paper won't melt on it, right?  I'm doing flowers that will stand off of, but also be touching the buttercream and want to make sure that the flowers won't bleed into the cake.

Thank you!

5 replies
Alisa555 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 6

I order it from amazon.  So far, I haven't had a problem with it degrading or melting on buttercream or with colors bleeding (I usually use a light coat of airbrush color or powder/petal dust colors).

FrostedMoon Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 6

I've ordered mine on amazon as well.  Depending on the kind of buttercream it may very well melt or bleed!  Especially if the cake is refrigerated and there may be a condensation issue.  

Alisa555 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 6

Yes, I agree with frostedmoon.  I have never put it in the fridge, only put the decorations on after I set the cake up.

costumeczar Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 6

I wouldn't refrigerate it for long, that's what will get it. It might soften up on buttercream if it's on there too long. The more important thing is how humid the air is, though.

icingimages Posted 10 Jul 2015 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 6

Did you all know that we (Icing Images) sells vanilla flavored colored and white Wafer Paper?

Quote by @%username% on %date%