Ideas For Jeep Cake?

Decorating By berrystars88 Updated 9 Jul 2015 , 3:06pm by -K8memphis

berrystars88 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 1:01pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

I've been tasked with creating the cake for my sister-in-law's baby shower. I am super excited and want to do something very special for her. Her favorite kind of frosting is cream cheese, and it's a girl. I was thinking about a "pink velvet" cake with cream cheese frosting.

I also want to make it personalized. I know she LOVES jeeps, so I thought it would be fun to incorporate this into the design. I'm open to making the whole cake into the shape of a pink jeep. However, I don't think cream cheese frosting would lend itself well to this (wouldn't work well with fondant or piping). Do you have any creative thoughts about how to design this cake?

Thanks!

6 replies
-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 7

you could use a cream cheese filling but you need a shelf stable one probably due to the carving and the extra time usually needed for a sculpture -- another idea is to make a pink jeep out of rice krispie treats and then just sit in on the cake that is to be served that could be chock full of cream cheese overload 

berrystars88 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 7

That's a great idea! If I did the rice krispies, I could probably sculpt and cover ahead of time too. I really like that idea. It'll break up the time spent on the project. 

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 7

yes and you have time to really work out the kinks -- 

i love your idea and wish you the best --

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 7

what if you did a pink jeep baby buggy

berrystars88 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 3:02pm
post #6 of 7

Oh that's super cute! So I'm imaging a classic buggy on the back end and a jeep front with the headlights and logo.

If I went the sculpting route, then I would have plenty of time to work it out...and if the shape didn't work, I could just scrap it and do a traditional jeep.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 7

yes so much easier than working under time constraints

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%