About Fruit Purees

Baking By craftybanana2 Updated 9 Jul 2015 , 4:34pm by craftybanana2

craftybanana2 Posted 8 Jul 2015 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 5

This may seem a bit weird, but what do you guys use to puree your fruit for fillings? I have a small Ninja blender (because my old black and decker one broke) and it does not work well. Is there one that is good besides the super cool (and uber expensive) Vitamix ones?  I also had a food processor that leaked out the top whenever something, like tomatos, was put in it. Which brand/kind do you all use for those? I would like to do purees that range from really smooth to slightly chunky. Thanks in advance!

4 replies
TheresaCarol Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 5

I have a Magic Bullet and it seems to do the trick quite well.  It comes with two different blades so I can get different results.  I love my Bullet and it has done great for me; especially the raspberry puree.  I have seen the Bullet's for around $50 and even sometimes cheaper depending on where you are looking.

Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 5

Hmmm....my Ninja is a workhorse!  Have you got a handheld immersion blender?  They are great for projects like this.

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 5

i never use a blender for my fruit fillings -- i cook the h out of them and use a strainer either to remove the seeds or the zest -- and i cook them down a lot so there's no water left in there -- so when i strain i blend too at the same time --

well no i take that back -- when i make lemon cream i use a blender but any old blender would do for that even a leaky one -- it's just adding more butter at the right temperature --

but i have a kitchen aid blender i broke and now i too have a ninja (warrior) vroom vroom one

craftybanana2 Posted 9 Jul 2015 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies, I will try the both the Bullet and cooking the fruit. I bought the Ninja cause of the hype, it's the small one at discount stores, so that might be why it's not very good. I wasn't sure of the Bullet because I didn't want to buy into the hype again. I just can't get smooth purees with my Ninja, and it scares the poop out of my little one which the bullet will probably do too. When I make my cheesecake filling, I use a regular blender, the kind with the tall jar and blades at the bottom. And I just thought of that now... will try that one too. I just wish the bottom of my Ninja wasn't cracking, someone at the factory screwed up and tightened the bolts on too tight I guess. Sigh, I miss my mom's old glass blender, worked like a dream!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%