Help With High School Graduation Cake For Grandson

Decorating By Latte1 Updated 6 Jul 2015 , 11:49pm by Latte1

Latte1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Latte1 Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making the cake for my grandson's high school graduation party but could use some help designing it.

He doesn't like a typical cake so I'm going to make a 14" square chocolate one with a ganache frosting because he loves ganache. His school colors are gold and purple.

I'm planning on making a gumpaste plaque for the top of it of a graduate jumping for joy. I'm going to paint it with gold luster dust mixed with vodka. At first I thought I'd do some other decorations out of gumpaste in purple, but then thought maybe I could brush some purple powder on the gold figure and that would be enough, just keep it simple and elegant and maybe just do something special in chocolate on

the sides of it.

Does anyone have any ideas for working the purple onto the plaque or any other ideas? I'm really open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help you can give me, I really appreciate it.

Gail

2 replies
Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 3

Maybe some purple graduation caps on the side? I like very clean design and think a nice gold plaque and some simple (flat) purple graduation caps evenly spaced on the sides would look clean and simple. I'm a newbie so I'm sure there are plenty of others on here with better suggestions :) I hope you post your final product!

Latte1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Latte1 Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks, I'll think about that one too. 

The party isn't until Aug. 1st so it'll be awhile before I'd post it. Need to learn where to do that too. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%