Wilton Sugar Sheet Experiences!

Decorating By HamSquad Updated 7 Jul 2015 , 5:11pm by HamSquad

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 3

Hello! Can some one possibly tell me if anyone has ever used Wilton Sugar Sheets on a Non Dairy Frosting like Rich's Bettercreme? I read that Wilton Sugar Sheet are best used on fondant or butter-cream frosting. I have a friend who is Diabetic and she asked for a real birthday cake for her 55th birthday. She has other pressing medical conditions as well. She wants a purse cake. If I put the sugar sheet on the frosting, would it melt into the frosting? This is my biggest concern.  I really need any suggestions, her birthday is 7-17-2015. Thanks so much in advance.......

2 replies
TheresaCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheresaCarol Posted 7 Jul 2015 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 3

I would be afraid the moisture from having to keep the frosted cake in the refrigerator would melt the sugar sheets.  They are very sensitive to moisture.  Honestly, I have never used them on the bettercreme so I can't say for certain.  Can you test some to see if this would be a problem?  Spread some bettercreme on a flat surface then lay a small piece of sugar sheet on it then place it in the frig.  Wish I had a better answer for you.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 7 Jul 2015 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much TheresaCarol for taking the time to respond to my question. I will test the sugar sheet with the Bettercreme this weekend and report back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%