Wasc With Lemon Filling?

Baking By sparkledee3 Updated 7 Jul 2015 , 4:23am by sparkledee3

sparkledee3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkledee3 Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 4

If I fill the WASC cupcakes with lemon filling will the lemon go with the almond flavor? I know its great with raspberries, but have not tried almond and lemon together. Should I leave the almond out and add lemon juice? If so how much would be enough for a light lemon flavor. Nothing too strong as the filling is lemon also.

3 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 4

Leave it as is... Lemon filling in WASC is amazing!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Jul 2015 , 12:17am
post #3 of 4

Oh yes I have used lemon filling frequently:)   Also Bavarian creme and raspberry, even chocolate.  Just depends on what your taste buds LOVE LOL!

sparkledee3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkledee3 Posted 7 Jul 2015 , 4:23am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your input! I'll definitely fill 1/3 of the cupcakes with lemon, 1/3 with raspberry (any thoughts on good premade raspberry filling brands to use?), and 1/3 Bavarian cream.

I'm making all the cupcakes for this baby shower the same cake, just varying the fillings. I have been looking all over for a delicious Chocolate Bavarian cream filling but I mostly find pastry cream recipe. Is there any difference between the two in flavor or consistency? I know one is thickened with cornstarch or flour and the other (Bavarian) with gelatin. I've never made either one. I'm just doing this for my daughter in law for her shower. Cupcakes will be in the shape of a baby buggy so its nice to be able to vary the fillings.

Thanks for all your help. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%