Long Shelf Life Recipes

Baking By haileydublin Updated 6 Jul 2015 , 1:06pm by remnant3333

haileydublin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
haileydublin Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 6:48am
post #1 of 3

I need to make my nieces bday cake but it has to be done 10 days to 2 weeks in advance as I will be away for her bday. Any recipe suggestions? I know chocolate biscuit cake has a long shelf life but we're not mad on it. Any and all recipe suggestions welcome!!! Thanks

2 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 3

Truthfully... I wouldn't want to eat a 2 week old cake that has just been sitting around... I would worry about it drying out too much... 

Why not properly box and wrap it and then freeze it... You can thaw it out properly and it will taste fresh...

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 3

Make cake, cut off domes and freeze, wrapping it properly.  Make buttercream icing ahead of time and freeze also, separately. When you get back take out both and thaw till ready to ice and decorate. Let cake thaw while wrapped on table.

Not sure if you are using fondant but others here are experts with that and can give you some tips on what to do and how. I never do fondant because no one I know wants it. They all love buttercream instead. 

Another suggestion is to make your cake two weeks early and give it to them early. They will just have to celebrate your nieces birthday early this year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%