Eggplant/dark Purple Gumpaste????

Sugar Work By ngallaway Updated 6 Jul 2015 , 5:30am by ngallaway

ngallaway Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 6:33am
post #1 of 5

I've looked on the forums before but I can't seem to find a solution to making my gumpaste a dark purple. I need to make eggplant coloured roses but any dark purple will do. Is there a way to get it to become darker? or is there a brand of gumpaste that comes already coloured?

4 replies
winniemog Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 9:32am
post #2 of 5

Can you airbrush them? Or just use plenty of colour and let the paste rest before you need to work with it, and dust the flower deeper in colour when you're done.

CatherineGeorge Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 11:49am
post #3 of 5

I made the poppies on the cake in my profile with gumpaste and Americolor gels. Just keep adding mostly blue, red and black until you get the color you want. 

costumeczar Posted 5 Jul 2015 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 5

Purples will fade relatively quickly when you put them in gumpaste. I do a purple that's as dark as I can, then dust them with Crystal Colors, which is food grade and doesn't fade out. I've used them to mix into the gumpaste too, but it takes a lot of it to get it really dark. It's easiest to dust after they're dry.

ngallaway Posted 6 Jul 2015 , 5:30am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much! I ended up getting a pretty dark purple and I'm also getting purple petal dust to make it darker. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%