Nutella Ganache Hack Psa!

Decorating By Pixiesparty Updated 3 Jul 2015 , 5:24pm by Apti

Pixiesparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pixiesparty Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 5:36am
post #1 of 6

First time poster here but this forum has helped me tremendously over the years!

I was reading about runny ganache as i usually cheat and buy a delicious ganache already made from a local cake supplier. This time i decided to make it to start saving on expenses. 

It came out too runny when at room temp and didnt have time to reset it over night. So i was about to do buttercream instead and i thought i would add some nutella hazelnut spread to my ganache to see if i can use it as a yummy filling next week. The nutella had some kind of reaction with the runny ganache and firmed it up to a nice peanut butter consistency even at room temp! Made a perfect spreadable ganache and tastes A M A Z I N G! Just thought i would share because cake decorators could definitely benefit from this :)

Heres a pic of the covered cake. Could have been better but my 1 yr old was tugging at my pants so i figured it was good enough lol.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2el84mg.jpg[/IMG]

5 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 6:49am
post #2 of 6

Ohh...that makes my mouth water. Am a Nutella addict! 

I hardly ever use ganache but the few times I made it I altered the recipe I have and used less cream since it's very hot here.

I also found that using the "right" chocolate is crucial.  Where I live we have European chocolate, cooking chocolate and the local one. The local chocolate has some ingredients which prevent it from melting. I didn't know...so you can imagine it's not suitable. ..LOL.

Best one is Belgium chocolate I found with 1/3 cream for white and 2/5 cream for dark.

Pixiesparty Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 11:50am
post #3 of 6

yes, i was suppose to follow a 1:2 with dark choc. first mistake was i had milk chocolate and didnt realise. they i accidentally did 1:1. 

i used up the extra chocolate i had but didnt have enough to get it to 1:2 or 1:3 like it should have been. from now on i will be definitely giving my clients the nutella option though! i wish i used it in the filling too. i was pleased to get this result in the end and that was with the cheap brand baking chocolate! :)

Pixiesparty Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 11:51am
post #4 of 6
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 6

Yummy yummy in my tummy ;)

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 6

Sounds great, thanks for sharing.  Love the crisp edges on your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%