Ganache Crumb Coat

Decorating By elefever0727 Updated 3 Jul 2015 , 3:42am by Apti

elefever0727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elefever0727 Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 3

help...if you can please. I'm doing a grooms cake/choc/w choc BC - as we all know choc crumbles..of course I was going to do a crumbcoat but was thinking of doing a think layer of choc ganache as a crumb coat - but some sites say that's works great and some says the BC will slide off if it gets warm. It will be in an AC venue and i will keep as cool as I can in transporting - but it is 90 degrees here in NC so it will get a little warm b/4 it gets to it's final destination. Should I just go w/Choc BC crumb coat and be happy?

2 replies
Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 2 Jul 2015 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question, but my brain is pretty fried by this time of the day, sooooo.  Are you saying you want to do a crumb coat of Ganache and then a final coat of buttercream?

If that's the case, why were you thinking of crumb coating with ganache?  Are you filling the cake with ganache?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 3 Jul 2015 , 3:42am
post #3 of 3

Quote by @elefever0727 on 6 hours ago

help...if you can please. I'm doing a grooms cake/choc/w choc BC - as we all know choc crumbles..of course I was going to do a crumbcoat but was thinking of doing a think layer of choc ganache as a crumb coat - but some sites say that's works great and some says the BC will slide off if it gets warm. It will be in an AC venue and i will keep as cool as I can in transporting - but it is 90 degrees here in NC so it will get a little warm b/4 it gets to it's final destination. Should I just go w/Choc BC crumb coat and be happy?

If a cake gets too warm, ganache, modeling chocolate and buttercream made with real butter will ALL melt.     I'd just go with the Chocolate BC crumb coat and forget about the ganache. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%