Standing Tire Cake

Baking By JoMama Updated 29 Jun 2015 , 2:44pm by Jinkies

JoMama Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 10:55am
post #1 of 4

I have a customer that wants a tire cake standing up flinging mud. I do not know how to support a round cake on it's side. All the tire cakes I find are stacked normally.

3 replies
winniemog Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 11:15am
post #2 of 4

The cake inside should be stacked normally - so there will be horizontal layers inside the upright cake. You won't be able to have a full tire of cake - either make a half-tire using a semicircle-shaped carved cake or use foam for the lower half of the tire and carved cake on top.

JoMama Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you. Ugh! I told this lady that I had a full week and needed something simple. I have an upside down cake and a shaped cake already. With the number of decorated cookies on the schedule, I really don't need to stress out over cakes, too. She doesn't get it. I wish people would tell me what they are thinking when they 'pencil' in the date. I am going to have to start demanding confirmed details before putting them on the calendar.

Jinkies Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 4

Oh gosh, yes, save your sanity.  I tell my clients that they are not on my calendar until all details are confirmed and I have their 50% non-refundable deposit.  They make up their mind really quick. 

Throw away that pencil girl :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%