Sugar Flower Formers?

Decorating By clarem123 Updated 30 Jun 2015 , 6:58pm by clarem123

clarem123 Posted 27 Jun 2015 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 6

Hello, just wondering what people use for flower formers? I have foam mats for smaller flowers but what about larger ones? I only can find them in packs of 2 online, does any one have any tips of what I could use until I build up a collection of them?!


5 replies
Apti Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 3:26am
post #2 of 6

If you are in the USA, you can go to your local grocery store and ask the produce section if you may have the rounded apple separators that come in each large box of applies.    Use these.  They work great!!!

since we can no longer post photos (easily) on this forum, please go to my post on another forum and look at the prep photos.  You'll see the apple packaging in use.

gscout73 Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 4:06am
post #3 of 6

Empty egg cartons work, too. The apple trays work well for larger flowers.  For smaller flowers, go to your local craft store, and in the painting section there may be some little trays with little wells for paint. Some are square and some are round, and some are metal and some are plastic.  They can be sold in packs or individually. I love using these.

gscout73 Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 4:07am
post #4 of 6

I tried to embed a pic but it does not look like it was successful. I will try again.

gscout73 Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 4:10am
post #5 of 6

How odd. I was able to paste a pic in a prior forum thread, but I can't paste a pic here now. Here is a link.

Water Paint Tray Water Paint Tray

clarem123 Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 6

thanks guys great ideas :-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%