Searching For Pics On Here

Lounge By Kellbella Updated 23 Aug 2015 , 6:42pm by cmalin3

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 25 Jun 2015 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 8

Has the format changed for searching for pics?  I remember the pics being grouped by descriptions, ie. round or square wedding cakes, themed cakes, etc. Has this changed???

7 replies
pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 25 Jun 2015 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 8

Yes, for the worse.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 25 Jun 2015 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 8

Ugh.....why change things??? This stinks.

Thank you pastrypet 

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypet Posted 27 Jun 2015 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 8

You might try Google Images for _______ cake. You can even restrict it to Cake Central (actually the easiest way to find things on CC):

"peony cakes site:cakecentral.com"

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 8

I agree.  It is worse.

Shasha2727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shasha2727 Posted 27 Jul 2015 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 8

AMEN! Looking for a specific style/color gave me 891,237 results with no order, theme, etc.  I wanted silver & white, but got EVERYTHING, from black weddings to pink Minnie Mouse & all in between.  Who can peruse more than three quarters of a million cake pics?  I guess I'll be using Pinterest & Google Image, but came back today to find "_______ Bowmans Baked Lace". I'd like to see this but didn't save the name when I attempted the search yesterday. Oh well, off to somewhere else to find my cake data.....

IF IT'S NOT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!!

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 2 Aug 2015 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 8

I was just going to ask about this, I've been very busy with some family matters and haven't been on line for a couple of months, I agree wholeheartedly; this really sucks! I wanted to do some research on sheet cakes and there doesn't seem to be anyway to do it!

cmalin3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmalin3 Posted 23 Aug 2015 , 6:42pm
post #8 of 8

Totally agree - new format is much less user-friendly!  I've been away for awhile and so the changes seemed more drastic given my absence, but I can't understand why removing browse-able design categories seemed like a good idea.

Overall, it seems the new site has a too-simple interface.  You need to dig pretty deep to get to all the info that used to be right in front of your face.

Just my opinion of course since I'm not a web designer...but PLEASE, at least give us back the gallery categories!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%