Giant Cupcake

Baking By Sophie374 Updated 25 Jun 2015 , 7:24pm by Cinnabear14

Sophie374 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie374 Posted 23 Jun 2015 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all I wondered if someone can give me some advice on the best way of cooking a giant cupcake I was cooking them and they were burning and then I tried a different way and then I was told that or still looked overdone. Help please 

4 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 5

I have the giant cupcake pan. I have only used it two or three times. You may need to put it on a lower rack in your oven, not on the middle rack - at any rate I found I had to. Do you have a regular sized oven? At what temperature and for how long are you baking these?  How much batter are you using? I bake only until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs, no wet batter.

Sophie374 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie374 Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

I put it on the lowest rack in my oven and I cook it on 150c for about 1hr and 15 mins I use a 6 egg sponge and it is a regular size oven. Do u use a metal pan or silicone? 

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 5

Metal. I am not a big fan of silicone pans. You need to use a fairly dense cake for this to work well. Are you following the recommended batter amounts?  I bake for about 55 to 60 minutes only. Is your pan metal or silicone?

Cinnabear14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cinnabear14 Posted 25 Jun 2015 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 5

I made a giant cupcake recently as a smash cake for a 1st birthday. I used a silicone 2 piece set and a homemade vanilla cake recipe. The top was smaller, so it had to come out of the oven sooner, at about 40 minutes. I left the bottom to cook for an additional 10 minutes. After cooling in the pans for 30 minutes, they came out beautifully! I just used a sharp knife to trim off the darker edges so there would be no "crunch" to the cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%