Social Media Attack

Business By CLW Updated 30 Jun 2015 , 1:33am by Webake2gether

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 4:39am
post #31 of 38

So sorry for the crazy B****H, but... what are you doing decorating a 4 tier cake with only a deposit? We know people can be crazy, and it is "art" in many ways and open to some interpretation.  But to "hope" she pays upon delivery with that much work...no way!

Paid in full 2 weeks in advance with a signed detailed contract that stipulates "some artistic variation" may occur. 

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 10:39pm
post #32 of 38

She could be sued for slander. I highly doubt people were at the party laughing at your, they probably just wanted that crazy out of their faces.

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 10:40pm
post #33 of 38

Oops at your cake

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 4:56am
post #34 of 38

Thanks Johnson. It wasn't like that with me "hoping" she would pay. She paid her deposit which is half. That's the way it's done in my area. Full payments 2 weeks ahead aren't the usual around here unless it's on the scale of a wedding cake. And there was a contract but maybe I do need to add in the statement that there may be some variation. I'm over it now and feel it was just another learning experience. A bad one albeit. Good came from it. I sold the cake for the original asking price and could have sold 4 more. I gained many new customers from her tirade and have hundreds of happy customers with only 2 unhappy ones in my caker life.

littlejewel,I thought about hiring an attorney but she will get her due and I won't have to spend a dime or put forth an effort. It will come. Thank you for your positive comments. You are a "jewel".

MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 12:46pm
post #35 of 38

I didn't read all the comments but are you sure she got a 4 tier cake the day before (that met her standards!). Did she post any pictures of her cake? How does it compare to yours?

I would not recommend texting customers. You can loose valuable information when you use text. I always keep my comments/information in emails. In my view, texting should only be for friends and family.

CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 1:14am
post #36 of 38

MKC, I'd rather not answer the posed questions when you haven't read and aren't familiar with the post. As for texting customers, I do it all the time. Never ever had a problem and I also print my texts.

MKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MKC Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 1:26am
post #37 of 38

So sorry for not reading all the comments. Good luck!

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 1:33am
post #38 of 38

Quote by @MKC on 12 

I would not recommend texting customers. You can loose valuable information when you use text. I always keep my comments/information in emails. In my view, texting should only be for friends and family.

I text frequently about cakes and other baked goods. Granted I know everyone I bake for right now but I find texting to be much easier and once I've got an idea of what they are needing etc. I then take all the information from the text and put it all together and email them to confirm all the details are correct. I can't always answer my phone and have a conversation and email notifications don't always come through right away. So for me personally texting works great and no details are lost on my end :) 

different things work for different people maybe some day I won't use texting like I do now or maybe I'll be so swamped with orders I won't have time to do the process I do now.....I can dream right ;) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%